Monday, May 24, 2010

RockStar Recipes



One thing that I love more than shopping for great deals is Cooking!
More specifically baking.
Even when I was young, I loved baking up new desserts and dinners for my family.


Now that I am all grown up and working full time as a first grade teacher I have moved more towards simple but delicious meals that I can make quickly.
Each Monday I will be posting a new "RockStar Recipe" for anyone who is interested in something simple, quick and delicious.
I also invite my readers to send me a recipe that you would like me to try and post.


Jiffy's Sweet Corn Cake
2 Boxes Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
1 Can corn kernels, drained or one small package of frozen corn (still frozen)
1 Can creamed corn
4 Eggs
1 Stick of butter, melted
mix all the ingredients together and bake in a 9x13 greased pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

This is a great side with any Mexican dish. David particularly enjoys it with Taco Ring (stay tuned for that recipe)

No comments: