Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Three F's Fun, Fall, Frugal

I LOVE the Fall. It is my Favorite Season. I am not sure if it's the cool air, or the changing of the leaves but as soon as September 1st comes, I am ready to decorate!





Another fabulous thing about Fall is it is frugal to decorate with things found in nature! Think pumpkins, hay bales, corn stalks, acorns, leaves, gourds etc.





I live in New York, so it starts getting cool in September. If you live in a warmer climate, you might want to hold off on your decorating until it is cool. If not, your decorations might rot.





I am very lucky, my father in law grows pumpkins and shared them with me! If you are not as lucky as I am to have a farmer in the family here are some places to find inexpensive pumpkins







  • Road Side Stands


  • Pumpkin Farms


  • Farmers Markets


Pumpkin prices at SuperMarkets are usually quite high, but they do sell them at Club Stores like Sams. Costco or BJ's. They are less expensive than SuperMarkets



If you decide to decorate with corn stalks, be sure to remove the corn (I did not in th picture above) If you leave it attached, it will draw squarrels, mice and other un wanted critters.

2 comments:

jamfiescreations1 said...

I love fall too, and I am ready to decorate. I love the way you decorated with the corn stalks. I live in Washington State so I can use pumpkins too. Thanks for sharing.

*Amanda said...

Aww! We miss George. And Tinker too!