Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Lovable Labels BlogHer' 10 Getaway Contest".


My Friend Amanda

What does your friend mean to you and why? That statement isn’t something we often think about…but we should. When I think about a true friend, the stand by me through thick and thin, the good and bad, the tears and smiles (I could go on) I think of my friend Amanda.

She is a “single” mom; I put the single in quotes because she is attached, but her other half is currently living 1,000 miles away. A unique situation yes, but one that I know too well, my husband is also living 368 miles away. This economy has done crazy things to relationships, marriages and families, forcing many to take jobs hundreds of miles from home. It takes a strong woman to be able to do this, and an even stronger woman to be a friend to someone else in the same situation.

In the course of eight months, I have gotten married, lost a very close uncle to cancer and suffered through a terrible miscarriage of twins. Aside from my marriage (a little obvious) my husband has been 358 miles away for each of these events. Amanda was there, to listen to me cry, to drive me to the airport and hospital and force me out of bed and back into life. All while she took care of her three boys 8, 5 and 6 months, ran her household and walked her little dog Buster… all by herself.

My friend Amanda means the world to me. I truly couldn't’t ask for a more caring, compassionate, or fabulous friend.

When I started this blogg, my friends thought I was crazy, everyone but Amanda. She doesn’t even roll her eyes when I talk about my fabulous finds/deals or coupons. She understands the need for frugal fun and the importance of being a fabulously frugal mom while still having a great time.

It would be wonderful for Amanda and me to be able to leave our children and pets with our husbands and get out of town for a few days. A few fun filled days where we could interact with others who have our same passions. A few days not to stress about making dinner or doing homework or walking the dog or writing lesson plans a few days just for friends!

I wrote this post for a FABULOUS contest I am entering over at Lovable Labels. It is for a Trip to BlogHer10~ Lovable Labels is a fantastic company for moms and teachers alike! Head over and check out their awesome products. I personally LOVE the Wheels On the Bus Teacher Gift Set! I might just order it for myself as an end of the year gift!
Be sure to CHECK OUT Lovable Labels! and cross your fingers I win

3 comments:

*Amanda said...

<3 you!

Lindsay (SMT) said...

Your post made me tear up. I'm heartbroken for the hard stuff you've been through recently and so glad you had such a fantastic friend to be there to help you through it.

Good luck in the contest!

Lindsay Maddox
Silly Mom Thoughts
http://blog.lindsaymaddox.com

Laura said...

Thank you for entering the Lovable Labels BlogHer Contest! Good Luck!!