Saturday, July 24, 2010

At Home Pedicure

At Home Pedicure


One of my favorite things to do is get a pedicure. I love the warm weather and wear sandals all summer. I smile every time I look down and see my cute freshly painted toes! The average cost of a pedicure around here is $35. Now that I am trying to live a more frugal lifestyle I will not pay that for pretty painted toes. I have decided to do it myself!

The first thing you will need is bath salts, they are my favorite part of the pedicure because they exfoliate all of the dead skin on my feet. Here is the recipe I use, as you can see all of the items are in my pantry (yours too I am sure)



Homemade Pedicure Salts
1 Cup Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
1 Cup Cornmeal
1 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tsp. of Cinnamon


Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed. Spoon a generous amount of the mixture on your feet or other areas that need to be exfoliated. Do not use on your face! Mixture can be stored in an air tight jar.


Now that you have your Pedicure Salts, here are the steps to a perfect pedicure



  • Remove old nail polish from your toes

  • Fill your bath tub with warm water, add 1 tablespoon sea salt mixture

  • Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes

  • Spoon several tablespoons of pedicure salts into your hands, gently rub on your feet. Remember in between your toes

  • Rinse and dry your feet

  • Trim your toe nails to their desired length

  • Using your favorite moisturizer (I Aveeno or whatever is in my stockpile) rub your cuticles and gently massage your feet

  • Using a cuticle stick, push back cuticles.

  • Weave Paper Towel between your toes as a separator

  • Paint on one coat of clear nail polish

  • Paint on one coat of your desired color

  • Paint on a coat of cleat top coat

  • Allow plenty of time to dry

No comments: