Thursday, July 1, 2010

I spent $3.99 Today

No Spend July Day 1
I need to start this post by saying that Price Chopper, CVS and Rite Aid are 3 minutes from my house. In fact I pass every time I drive anywhere. I am a lucky girl, because I am not spending (a lot) gas to shop my favorite stores. If you do not live 3 minutes away from the store it is not in your best (saving money) interest to head to the store multiple times a week. Now that I am home alone from 8:30 to 7:00 each day I look forward to these shopping trips.


My CVS TRIP


My fabulous friend Amanda let me know that your Spring Spending ECB's were printing at CVS today! So I decided to head over and see how much I had.


Transaction:
5 Betty Crocker Warm Delights .88 each
10 Xtra Laundry Detergent $1.50 each
Used 4 $1/1 Betty Crocker Warm Delights from 6/27 SS (One had to be adjusted to $0.90)
Total before tax :$5.00
Used $5.00 in ECB
Paid $1.00 in TAX (some days I don't Love New York)


I think stopped at Price Chopper to take Advantage of their Double Coupons
Transaction:
2 Hood Sour Cream $1.99 each
Romaine Lettuce $2.99
Used (2) $1/1 Hood Sour cream
Used (2) $1 Price Chopper Doubler's
Paid $2.99
So I spent $3.99 today, I was not planning on purchasing the lettuce but David called me at 10am and informed me that his boss and co-worker will be coming to dinner. I did not have enough lettuce to make a decent salad. It still leaves me $16.01 until next Tuesday. Hummm this could be difficult!

No comments: