Thursday, July 1, 2010

No Spend July Day: 1 Tequila Chicken

Tequila Chicken


4 Chicken Breasts
1 cup Tequila ( I only use Jose Curevo)
2 cups crushed Tortilla Chips
1 cup Salsa
1 cup Ranch Dressing
2 Cups Cheese ( I shred my own, it is much cheaper)




Marinade the chicken breast and tequila over night in a covered dish

Grill Chicken until completely cooked, set aside


Combine ranch and salsa in a small dish, stirring until well mixed

Crush Tortilla chips. The easiest way to do this is to place chips in a sealed bag, run a rolling pin over the chips until coarsely crushed.




Poor chips into a 13 x 9 in pan

Place chicken on top of chips

Spoon a generous amount of salsa/ranch on top of chicken

Sprinkle cheese on top of salsa/ranch mix

Place in your broiler until cheese browns

I serve this delicious with sides of salsa, sour cream and salsa/ranch mix

We ate it too quickly for me to remember to take a photo! Sorry!

It is SO yummy! I use fat free ingredients! Which makes me feel much better about serving this meal!

3 comments:

*Amanda said...

fat free and jose cuervo. does the fat free even matter at that point?! looks yummy- i'll have to make it soon.

Mary Catherine said...

it really is a great meal! I bet your kiddos would even like it! I mean, David loves it and he's like an 8 year old boy!

Anonymous said...

That sounds delightful!!!